Tuesday, November 11, 2008




Why is it that every time I want to be near you
Something always gets in the way
Why is it that every time I want to hear your voice
Someone speaks to tune you out
Your careless motion of genuine smiling
Always provokes a tingle of surreal assurance
That if I take a step ever so closely to you
I might just get the chance to be with you.
Could it really be that simple
Or am I just a vulnerable woman
To your every endeavour?
How is it in the slight moment of an exhilarating connection
We are disturbed by the elder peace
Maybe I mistake your kindness for being polite
Or maybe you mistake me for just another woman
Either way I mourn for you as if you were gone
And I count the days until I can have the courage to see you again
But until my surge of cowardliness fades into the cerebral indefiance
I wait so patiently for you to take the first step
In acknowledging that I am yours and willingly,
You are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment